2010/06/13

Sharing USB-HDD via nfs.

My main laptop has only two USB ports. It isn't enough, isn't it? Therefore, I use USB hub to plug USB-mouse and speaker.
However, my USB-HDDs need electricity. If I plug it into USB port directory, it works but USB hub doesn't. Luckly, I have an eeepc so that I decided to share USB-HDD via nfs.

At first, I tested to share local disk. Then I got following messages.
[masami@moon]~% LANG=C sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.26:/home/masami /mnt/home
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 192.168.1.26:/home/masami,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
need a /sbin/mount. helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

I tested to mount that directory at eeepc was no problems. Eeepc could mount directory by itself also /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny's setting is correct.
It seemed like fedora has some problem I thought.
Then, I googled and got answer that I should have installed nfs-utils package.
Finally, I could share USB-HDD via nfs:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment